Thursday 13 August 2015

Meteor Shower

Last night I found myself outside trudging through the dewy grass in my local park with my family. Sounds strange? Turns out we were out searching for any visible perseids, which according to the BBC are 'pieces of Comet Swift-Tuttle' (whatever that is). Anyway, at first it was difficult to spot any, until my eyes adjusted to the dark. Soon I could see quite a few every now and again. They were beautiful streaks of silver, but they only lasted seconds. I loved just looking up at the stars too. It made me realise how big the universe really is and also how magnificent it is too. On our way back home the houses on my street reminded me of carved pumpkins...spooky. Unfortunately, I don't have a good enough camera to have taken any photos, but you can see them tonight for yourself if you look carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment